Technology News Bytes, which describes itself as “Hawaii’s leading technology news network,” is hosting a Hawaii Social Media Seminar on Thursday, April 14.
The main event includes three sessions and a lunch panel focused on group buying services. A “Tweet-Up” will follow, featuring a separate panel of local bloggers and social media users. Taking place at Dave and Busters at Ward Center, the seminar is billed as a “preview event” for the next Social Media Summit.
Headlining the seminar are:
- Mike Prasad of BitLove Media, who co-founded GirlGamer.com (“the Worlds ONLY Girl Gaming Community Site”) and was previously the social media manager for Kogi Korean BBQ.
- Doug Kato, CEO of Long Beach, Calif.-based Qmania, a group buying site described as “the premier deal site.” Qmania recently announced a partnership with Hawaii Pacific Entertainment, parent company of Technology News Bytes.
- Nick Unsworth, billed as a “Social Media Expert,” who promises to share the secret to “create a tribe of raving fans, followers, and customers that buy everything you sell.”
The “group buying” lunch panel will include Qmania, Groupon, and PLAYHawaii.
Finally, the half-hour post-seminar “Tweet-Up” panel features:
- Catherine Toth from Nonstop Honolulu and The Cat Dish.
- John Heckathorn from PacificBasin Communications and Biting Commentary.
- Toby Tamaye from AT Marketing.
- Jason Genegabus from Honolulu Star-Advertiser and Honolulu Pulse.
Tickets are $75 plus a $5.12 fee, and can be purchased online.